presents an exhibition under the program Green, showing young Russian photographers:
Mikhail Protasevich / Saint-Petersburg
IN PLAIN VIEW OF OUTSKIRTS
3 September – 7 October’ 2011
Exhibition opening: 3 September, Saturday/ during the day
Held at: Gallery FotoDepartament
Box houses, smooth gray lines, extensive surface devoid of details – it is all the architectural features of each dormitory district. It seems that this environment acts on the human depressing, repulsive. However, most of people, living in dormitory district feel themselves comfortable in this environment, cause there is more place than in center of the city. Trees are considerable part of it and possibility of contact with nature seems more
As I think visually unattractive high-altitude single-type buildings themselves without any silhouette and plastic can make interesting aesthetic environment in whole so far as architecture is not only every building in single inspection, but also are between where is possible appearance of the visual panopticon. In my pictures besides that I wanted to show simple, daily beauty of this environment, I tried to find and mark this panopticon and often uninviting details and making it’s own visual substance.
Was born in Leningrad, USSR (St.Petersburg, Russia) in 1984. Photographed since 2006 and I came to photography through painting. For me, photography is the way of researching people, the world they live in, and their mutual influence. Therefore, long-term projects are most interesting to me.
Press Photographers Faculty of Saint-Petersburg Journalist Union, from 2007 till 2009.
– 49th exhibition of Press Photographers Faculty. Saint-Petersburg, Russia, State Museum of Political History of Russia, 2008
– “Pogranichniki (Frontier guards). 6 photo stories” Saint-Petersburg, Russia, Exhibition hall of Center of Art and Music of Saint-Petersburg City Public Library, 2008
– 50th exhibition of Press Photographers Faculty. Saint-Petersburg, Russia, Exhibition hall of Center of Art and Music of Saint-Petersburg City Public Library, 2009
– “Mobilization” and “Social protection”, photo exhibition during the festival “Art-Sobes “Windows of M/F grows”, curator Solmaz Guseinova, Saint-Petersburg, Russia, Loft Project Etagi, 3nd flour, 2009
– «The Little Mamas» – personal exhibition in branch of State Museum of Political History of Russia – “Children’s museum centre”, curator Yulia Matskevich, Saint-Petersburg, Russia, 2010
– «The Little Mamas» – personal exhibition in space “White corridor” Loft Project Etagi, Saint-Petersburg, Russia, Loft Project Etagi, 2011
Photographs were published in magazine “Сonservator”, newspapers «New paper», «Russian paper» and other pub.
Press contacts: by phone : +7 (901) 301-7993 by e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
All works shown during exhibitions, can be purchased in the FotoDepartament Gallery / email@example.com / +7-901-301-7994