FotoDepartament announces open call for holding exhibitions
FotoDepartament is an independent organization, based in Saint-Petersburg, Russia. Since 2008 it has been dealing with contemporary photography, both Russian and foreign artists, organizing exhibitions in different spaces. One of our aims is to present and promote contemporary photography in Russia, involving the audience and the artists into international dialog and expanding the mental frames.
In December, 2013 we moved to a new space in the historical centre of Saint-Petersburg. And now we are ready to host both personal and group exhibitions by ourselves.
Artists and curators are now encouraged to apply for holding an exhibition in our space. We focus on contemporary art and documentary photography, both established and emerging artists, so feel free to contact us and to fill in the application form, which you can download here: APPLICATION FORM
For our city the gallery, concentrated on contemporary photography, is a real challenge. We’re expecting that both young and experienced artists will be ready to accept it with us and to create something really worthy.
We’re open both for personal, group and collaboration projects, classical pictures, installations and multimedia objects. The main thing you should have besides passion in photography is an idea. We’ll be happy to host project, which is a statement or an artistic gesture. You should understand what you are doing and what do you want to say, and why in this certain place and context.
Terms of collaboration:
- All production of the exhibition is paid by the author/group of authors. In some really special cases we can pay a half of the final sum.
- We ready to search financial support together with the artists for holding and exhibitions, arrival of the artists and other such events.
- FotoDepartament team is doing all the PR-job for promoting an exhibition inside the city and abroad.
- Besides the title and the statement of the project you should have a plan of the exhibition, which you can create, using the plan of our space you can download here: PLAN
Every application will be answered during two weeks.
In your application letter should be 3 attached files:
- Filled application form
- Plan of the exhibition space
- Short CV (optional)
Please, send your applications by e-mail: email@example.com
Coordinators of the exhibitions in FotoDepartament: Nadya Sheremetova, Olga Gnatkova
Vosstaniya street, 24, 2d yard, ground floor
Saint-Petersburg / Russia